Friday 7 November 2014

My goals and thoughts

It's about 3 months since I started studying to become massage therapist. What really got me into studying it is because when I do train other people and give them advices when it comes to eating, working out or injuries I always try to give accurate real answer for that. When I injured my knees nobody was there to help me. Nobody gave me answers. And the pain was unbareable and I was really scared because I was afraid if I use my legs I might make it all worse. All those times I went to doctor all I got was just rest it off. So I did, I rested them for years and I was overcautious with them because I was never given  answer what it is and why pain doesn't go away.

Well the pain did eventually go away as I got used to it. I still have days when the pain kicks in harder and that I do feel. But the daily pain became something I learned to ignore. The biggest issue I have with this is not the pain that much but more what it did to my lifestyle and to me on mental level. I became from sporty and healthy into depressed and avoiding exercising. I was always worried if I do anything it will make it worse. So it also affected my mind in a way that I was stress-eating. I felt sad for not working out so instead I ate. Not good.

So now that I'm better and defeated my ownself and got back to eating healthy and working out, I decided to aim for helping others. I believe everyone deserves to eat healthy, be strong and happy. When your body performs at it's finest and you get all the nutrients your body needs you are happy. And that's what we all want. I believe the world as it is right now is quite confusing. We want to be happy and we believe that once I earn enough, I'll have money to workout and eat well and then I won't be stressed so I'll be happy. We believe in having money as key to happiness. Or some believe that if they have sixpack they will be happy but forget to actually enjoy their workouts because they are too focused on achieving dream body.



To me being fit really means enjoying your healthy meals and having the love for your workouts. Being fit doesn't mean looking shredded, but being better version of yourself both mentally and physically without any stress. Accepting your body the way it is and if you do want to make changes in it, never make it a chore. To me happiness is when you sleep well, you eat healthy but enjoying your meals, doing workouts you love, not stressing and accepting yourself for what you are. Some would say I'm not fit but we all have right to have our own opinion. I think I'm fit because I perform better than before and I'm doing my best to keep getting better at it. Ofcourse just like anyone else I'm not perfect and I have my bad days. We all have them, even if we hide it from other people. My bad days ruin my progress but aslong I keep moving forward and learn from my mistakes I can only progress more. The worst I could do is quit. Also to me this is more of a emotional journey, to grow stronger shell on inside and outside.



Massage therapy hasn't really ever helped me but as I don't believe in medicines nor doctors I believe this has a lot more to offer. I have always survived with everything in more traditional ways so I put all my trust in that. Ofcourse if someone else believes in medicines and all that, I'm not against it. I just offer to deal with issue first on mental or physical way before going for pills. I ate so many pills for my knees and they did nothing for me. I had all my belief in them, but instead starting to strenghtening my muscles and giving my body what it needed to feel well I got better. I could always remove the occassional pain with surgery but it isn't 100% sure to fix it and has a risk of making it way worse. Physiotherapist told me that jumps aren't allowed for me anymore but otherwise surgery isnt't really necessary. Neither are jumps necessary for me. Never been fan of burpees, I doubt anyone is!

My goal is to help people get past their mental obstacles, get better from eating disorders, get healthy, get stronger body and not let their injuries ruin their lives. Ill be writing separate post about eating disorder, mental obstacles and injuries. The main point is that everyone deserves to enjoy their life and get rid of selfhate/selfdisgust/insecurity. There's no point to admire someone else when you can just be better version of your ownself.



So what being fit means to you? What's your thoughts about being happy and how to achieve it?

No comments:

Post a Comment